Subscribe via email!
Like us on Facebook!
- NWGUN.com Response to the NRA Press Briefing 12/21/2012
- Happy 4th of July!
- Smith and Wesson M&P Shield – Impressions
- Keeping the Ruger 10/22 Good Times Rolling
- Shooter Ready: Review of InSights Training’s General Defensive Handgun Class
- Print out your own targets! Some of my favorite free online resources
- Have you ever thought about being a gunsmith?
- Reloading press review: Hornady Lock-N-Load AP – In Issue 1
- 10/22 Takedown: first impressions, not all good
- Taurus PT-1911 – Long Term Review, in Issue 1
- Ever wanted to “blacken” a stainless gun?
- Looking for a place to shoot? Try the Where2Shoot phone app!
- Oregon: Wallowa-Whitman National Forest road closure plan may affect nearly 4,000 miles of access roads
- Issue #1 free preview now available!
- Shout Out: West Coast Armory
- Welcome to the new website at http://nwgun.wpengine.com!
- Check out the “man camera” – DSLR video rig
- Shooter Ready: What’s in Your Mag?
- Introduction: Cameron at NWGUN.com
- Please welcome respected gunsmith Grant Cunningham to NWGUN!
- Taking the AR-10 Full-Auto
- Please welcome Lucas Swanson from the Idaho Department of Fish and Game
- For when you have to be unarmed
- AR-15 Precision Rifle Build DVDs are here!
- And now for something completely different: trying the FNH PS90
Category Archives: Shooting Fun
After much anticipation, I headed up to the hills of Sultan Washington back in 1981 with my Dad to shoot a gun for the first time. I was a bit nervous, and very excited. It was a misty morning, and … Continue reading
When friend Drew Peterson announced that he had picked up one of the new Ruger 10/22 Takedown rifles, I was excited! I’ve heard a lot of excitement about this new rifle from friends and colleagues, and I was really looking … Continue reading
I just saw this on the AccurateShooter.com facebook page- a new app released by the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) called “Where2Shoot”. If you’re out and about and are looking for a place to shoot, this app is a great … Continue reading
There are a lot of things that I look for in an indoor range. There’s the shooting facilities (types of ranges, distances supported, etc), the selection and prices for firearms, inventory of shooting gear and accessories, and many other factors. One of … Continue reading
One of my big yet-to-be-fulfilled dreams to to test drive some full-auto rifles. I’ve done full-auto airsoft, but hey- that’s just not the same. Over the past year, I’ve gotten to know John Hwang, the owner at Rainier Arms. Northwest … Continue reading
Every once and a while you just have to do something completely different. I’m sure that when people first saw and fired the revolutionary AR-15 rifle, it was such a departure from what they were used to, it must have … Continue reading
Training is a good idea, regardless of whether it’s for accuracy, defense, or other forms of “preparedness”. In an ideal world, you would have a shooting range in your backyard, an unlimited supply of ammunition, and a daily shooting schedule. … Continue reading
Over the last year, I’ve had the opportunity to deep-dive into multiple AR platforms. Starting last Fall, I did a complete series on building, precision loading, and progressive loading all related to the AR-15 platform. This project typifies how I … Continue reading
My friend Drew Peterson recently got the “revolver bug” after a range trip with me where he shot a selection of guns including my Ruger GP100, and S&W 629 Classic. Drew doesn’t mess around, so he decided to buy the … Continue reading
Last week, I took my friend Tim’s Kel-Tec PF-9 to the range to do some reliability testing. He was having some issues with extraction, and had replaced the extractor (Kel-Tec had sent him a replacement extractor and spring free of … Continue reading